Position Duration: Full time Co-op rotation; 40 hours/week, January-August 2016.
Iowa DOT Library Transportation Information/Collection Management COOP Student
**will consider student who can work part time in spring and full time during summer**
2 positions available
Salary is $14.05/hr.
- Learning about the breadth of transportation and civil engineering information resources available to transportation agencies and researchers;
- Learning how to more efficiently search these resources using custom-built and general search tools;
- Participating in transportation research projects by performing literature searches under the guidance of the Iowa DOT Librarian;
- Assisting as the Iowa DOT Library transitions to modern library collection management tools, including open source online cataloging software, barcoding the print collection, and digitizing Iowa DOT-produced materials;
- Participating in collection management by accessioning and de-accessioning transportation information resources and publications;
- Learning to catalog transportation information resources in online catalogs, including OCLC and Koha;
- Participating in transportation librarian and information committees by attending virtual meetings;
- Interacting with patrons by answering reference questions;
- Learning to manage a transportation library.
The student will also gain valuable career skills, including project management, customer service, and library operations and management.
Requirements: The position is only available to students who are currently enrolled in a degree program pertaining to the position duties. The position is based at the DOT Central Office in Ames.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2015